Monday, November 9, 2009

My close contacts, led by Freddy James and Dan emailed methods to avoid such hacking pests. Dan is the first one to identify the problem.

Stop a Web Imposter

The other morning as I opened my Hotmail Inbox never did I expect to have an email from ''me'' to ''me''!

And copies have gone to all my contacts. Talking of contacts, there are a few who know me well and those who have come in through Internet and do not know my peculiarities.

The few who know me well contacted me immeditely with elation and surprise.

For the fraudulent email speaks about me buying an Apple iPod.

Me, of all people. The ''Empty Pocket'' to buy an Apple iPod.

Most of my close contacts, led by Freddy James, emailed methods to avoid such hacking pests. Dan is the first one to identify the problem and told me "Uncle someone has hacked your hotmail account''.

Well, sadly a few days later the same happened in my Gmail account too. And as is usual with my Computer operation, the trouble vanished. Did the hacker take pity on me ! Or did I do something ''right'' not realising am doing so! This blind corrective action is quite normal with me.

Here are the advices given me - - - But please don't ask me what cleared the problem !

Change your passwords - - - I didn't.

 

Report the hacker to the website thrrough its report feature. Take a screenshot.

 

AVG is efficient Anti-Virus Software - - - My favourite that I played with.

Open Facebook pages are inviting to hackers.Use the security feature.

Notify your contacts - - - I did.

Here's hoping you have a virus, hacker free browsing the Internet.

Posted via email from What's New in Internet Today !

No comments: